Collection of personal information
- 2.1 We will collect your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. Personal information about visitors to our Website is collected only when knowingly and voluntarily submitted. For example, we may need to collect such personal information as your name and email address in order to provide you with services or to answer any requests or enquiries both over the phone and via our Website.
- 2.2 We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when you make an inquiry in relation to our services (over the telephone, by post, fax or through our Website);
- when you request a quote via the 'Free Measure & Quote' form on our Website;
- when you sign up to our newsletter on our Website;
- in administering and performing our services and contracts with you;
- from other related correspondence (whether in writing or electronically);
- while conducting client satisfaction and market research surveys; and
- whilst administering any of our services.
- 2.3 We may also collect personal information from third parties, including (but not limited to):
- other entities who provide services to us related to the services provided to you by us;
- from publicly available sources of information; and
- from our related entities.
Types of personal information we collect
- 3.1 The type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to), your name, address, postcode, telephone number and email address. In the course of providing services to our clients, we may collect more detailed personal information about you.
- 3.2 Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested services.
Our purposes for handling your personal information
- 4.1 As a general rule, we only process personal information for purposes that would be considered relevant and reasonable in the circumstances.
- We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to:
- offer and provide our services;
- manage and administer those services, including account keeping procedures;
- respond to an individual’s requests both by telephone and via our Website;
- maintain contact with visitors to our Website, potential customers and existing clients;
- keep clients and other contacts informed of the services we offer, industry developments or products that may be of interest to them, and to notify them of service offerings, seminars and other events we are holding];
- market our services, including by email and phone;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- otherwise to manage our business.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
We may disclose personal information between our related entities or to third parties such as organisations that provide us with technical and support services, or our professional advisors, where permitted by the Privacy Act. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
Direct marketing – your options to opt-out
- 5.1 Like most businesses, marketing is important to our continued success. We have a unique range of services that we provide to customers at a high standard. We would therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new services.
- 5.2 We will not disclose your personal information to third parties other than related entities for marketing purposes.
- 5.3 You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You can make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer or by emailing us at email@example.com. Please allow 28 days for your request to be processed. Alternatively, if we have contacted you by email, you may use the unsubscribe function in that email to notify us that you do not want to receive further marketing information from us by email.
Overseas transfers of personal information
- As the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of that information worldwide. We may disclose your personal information to companies that are associated with us overseas, including to our technical center based in Manila, Philippines.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
- 7.1 DCB endeavours to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate and up-to-date. We realise that this information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected. We generally update your customer information on request, with your consent either over the telephone or via email. However, we are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, you will be provided with a written notice stating the reasons for the refusal.
- 7.2 You may contact our Privacy Officer to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. On the rare occasions when we refuse access, you will be provided with a written notice stating the reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us.
Protection of personal information
- 8.1 We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information on our Website and collected by us in the course of providing our services to you and update our security measures in light of current technologies. We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security at our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information.
- 8.2 We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you may transmit to us or from our online products and services. Once we do receive your transmission, we will also make our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
- 8.3 In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
- 8.4 We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
- 9.1 We employ cookies on our Website in order to collect information about how visitors use our Website. We use the information for a number of reasons, including to improve your experience of our Website, allow essential parts of our Website to operate for you, to record that a visitor to our Website has viewed a webcast, to operate the online notification formand to operate our content management system.
- 9.2 Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit any website. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website. Although the cookie may provide an automated identification of your computer, no personal information is stored in the cookie.
- 9.4 For information on the cookie settings of your internet browser, please refer to your browser’s manual.
How to contact us
Dollar Curtains & Blinds Pty Ltd
Building 8, 97-107 Canterbury Rd.
Kilsyth , VIC 3137
Tel: 03 9237 1200
- We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
- If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
The last update to this document was 7th April 2016.