Our following Care Tips and Instructions are designed to help you prolong the life and appearance of your Window Coverings.
For more on Curtain and Blind Fabric Care Tips click below to read Wilsons Fabrics After Care Instructions
If you require any further information please Contact Us
- Check your Curtains care labels before going ahead with any cleaning.
- Refer to the ‘Care Instruction Label’ fixed to the rear of your Curtains before laundering them. When getting Curtains cleaned we recommend a Professional Curtain Cleaner.
- Keep your drapes dust-free by regular gentle vacuuming with the appropriate soft vacuum attachment. Removing dust from the folds and headings will help stop grit from corroding the fabric.
- Do not open or close the Curtains by hand as dirty hands can soil the fabric. Ensure the draw cord is used.
- If there are any marks on the Curtain they can be spot washed either with a ‘spotter’ or a damp cloth. Before spot cleaning the Curtain ensure you test this on an unseen part of the drape to confirm that it will not leave a water mark. Ensure the fabric is dried immediately after spot cleaning to avoid any water marks.
- Check your Blinds care labels before going ahead with any cleaning.
- Blinds should be dusted and gently wiped, over the front of the fabric, once a month to help avoid any harsh cleaning.
- Plasticised materials and Sunscreen Blind fabrics can be wiped down with warm soapy water or mild detergents. However do not vigorously rub the fabric as that will cause it to damage.
- Flock-back Blind fabrics must be treated more carefully. Do not leave them wet or use any type of cleaner on them. Try and remove any marks from the front of the fabric by using a wrung out cloth and gently tease at the spot. However please be aware that spot cleaning with too much pressure can cause water marks on the fabric.
- Shutters should be dusted regularly and can be wiped down with a damp soft cloth.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners or any scourers as this will damage the finish of the timber.
- Do not scrub the fabric or use harsh soaps, detergents, solvents, other liquid cleansers or any bleaches.
- Immediately remove dirty marks and mildew by first softly brushing and then hosing off well with cold water.
At Dollar Curtains and Blinds we pride ourselves on always being at the forefront of child safety. All of our products comply with the Australian child safety standards.
For more information, and to ensure your purchase remains child safe, please ensure you read the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission Blind and Curtain Cords Safety Alert brochure. Just click below.